1. Finding or completing an artifact.
2. Killing the bad guy / bad race.
3. Saving the world.
4. Treasure hunters just looking to make a living.
5. Wars / human conflict.
6. Enmeshing character backstories that PCs create.
7. Following the story of an NPC, with the PCs as friends / secondary characters in the story.
What stereotypes do you like to typically run? What do you believe are the strengths and weaknesses of each? Do you find these stereotypes as often as I do? Do you run campaigns with long, intertwined stories, or is each session different and whimsical without any kind of pattern, like running PCs through modules from different publishers?