I'm just about finished stat'ing up the character races I want to use for my new campaign world (it's designed as a naval campaign). Comments are extremely welcome, especially balance analysis and alternate/additional ability suggestions. If there any questions, just ask and I'll try and clarify.Draku Racial Traits
• +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: draku are quick of thought, but are often aloof and distant.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, draku have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Draku base land speed is 30 feet.
• Low-Light Vision: A draku can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
• Arcane Awareness: A draku can sense the magical auras of objects in which she comes into contact. At will, a draku can produce an effect similar to a detect magic
spell, but with an area of the object touched rather than a cone.
• Humanoid (dragonblood): Draku are humanoids with the dragonblood subtype. For all effects related to race, a draku is considered a dragon.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Hadozee, and Keleran. Draku commonly know the languages of humans and their allies, and continue to use the languages of Heaven and Hell.
• Favored Class: Wizard.Dwarf Racial Traits
Dwarves are identical to the dwarves described in the Player’s Handbook
, except as noted below.
• Strong Swimmers: dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on Swim checks. Additionally, a dwarf doubles his Constitution score for the purposes of determining how long he can hold his breath before he must begin making checks against suffocation (see the Dungeon Master’s Guide, page 304 for details on holding one’s breath).
• Dwarves do not gain the +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against giants, as they do not frequently encounter these creatures.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Ogre, Orc, and Terran. Dwarves speak the languages of their allies, as well as the language of Hell and underground creatures.
• Favored Class: Barbarian. Gnome Racial Traits
Gnomes are identical to the gnomes described in the World of Warcraft RPG
, except as noted below.
• +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength. Gnomes are good problem solvers and learners, but small of stature.
• +2 racial bonus to Disable Device checks. This replaces the +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages: Any. Gnomes are quick to pick up languages and learn to speak with many of the races they encounter.Hadozee Racial Traits
Hadozee are identical to the hadozee described in Stormwrack
, except as noted below.
• +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom: Hadozee are very agile (and strong for their size), but are easily distracted and influenced.
• Small: As Small creatures, a hadozee gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonuses on Hide checks, but she uses small weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters those of a Medium creature.
• Hadozee base land speed is 20 feet.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Hadozee. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Keleran, and Sylvan. The Hadozee speak the languages of their allies, as well as of the creatures of their homeland.Human Racial Traits
Humans are identical to the humans described in the Player’s Handbook
. Keleran Racial Traits
• +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence: kelerans are agile, but are often uneducated and simplistic.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, kelerans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Keleran base land speed is 30 feet.
• Keleran base swim speed is 40 feet. A keleran has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. A keleran can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. A keleran can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
• Low-Light Vision: A keleran can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions
• Hold Breath (Ex): A keleran can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to 8 x his Constitution score before he risks drowning. For a typical keleran, this is 96 rounds, or almost 10 minutes.
• Weapon Familiarity: Kelerans may treat keleran chain-spears (see: Equipment) as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
• +2 racial bonus on Spot checks. Kelerans have keen eyesight.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Keleran. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Sahuagin, and Sylvan. Kelerans know the languages of races living underwater.
• Favored Class: Ranger.Orc Racial Traits
• +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity: orcs are strong, but slow.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Orc base land speed is 30 feet.
• Powerful Build: The physical stature of orcs allows them to function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever an orc is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the orc is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. An orc is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. An orc can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Orc. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Dwarven, Giant, and Ogre. Orcs speak the languages of their allies, as well as that of Hell.
• Favored Class: Fighter.
Also, I'm pretty sure posting this doesn't violate the OGL--if anything does, just let me know and I'll fix it.