Hey, it's my first post here so go easy on me. I've been playing for a decade or so now, so forh and so on. You guys seem to know what you're talking about, so here's my question...
I'm going for an archer build, and we're currently at 6th level. The
build I have so far is Sorc (1), Paladin (1), and Fighter (4). I start
up into Deepwood Sniper for two levels after that, and then finish it
out with Order of the Bow Initiate. Quick question though: Should I
drop the level of Sorc for another level of Paladin?
Pro's of switching:
- +1 to BAB, giving me two attacks now (three with rapid shot)
- +1 to fort
- +3 to my saves (We're playing high stats, and I have a 16 CHA)
- Detect evil, Lay on hands and all that jazz
And the Con's of switching:
- -8 to AC, since I can no longer cast Mage Armor or Shield (dex of
- No more True Strike or enlarge person (wand)
- Not being able to help out in xp donation for magic item creation
The story build of the character is that he was a snotty little street
kid with a 'heart full of gold' his mom instilled into him with a
healthy heaping of moral values and whatnot. He was picked up by a
local cleric and his beliefs were further enforced (hence the paladin
drop) and he decided to venture forth to change the world. The
rigorous dedication of a Paladin became too much for him, though (he
was still a little prankster jerk at heart) and he broke away from the
church, but not from the dream.
LG Human Male. I figured he used to Sorceror level to help him in his
expeditions before turning toward the church initially. What do you
PS: In retrospect, I can also drop the level of sorc and take my first
level of Deepwood Sniper already...